Musica Siciliana e Tradizioni Popolari

Musica Siciliana e Tradizioni Popolari
[ Home | Registrati | Discussioni Attive | Discussioni Recenti | Segnalibro | Msg privati | Sondaggi Attivi | Utenti | Download | Cerca | FAQ ]
Nome Utente:
Password:
Salva Password
Password Dimenticata?

Tutti i Forum
 Voce dell'Etna
 Appuntamenti, Eventi e Spettacoli
 Alan Trammell Jersey
 Nuova Discussione  Rispondi
 Versione Stampabile Bookmark this Topic Aggiungi Segnalibro
I seguenti utenti stanno leggendo questo Forum Qui c'è:
Autore Discussione  

yudan18
Utente Normale

Prov.: Agrigento

11 Messaggi

Inserito il - 19 febbraio 2019 : 07:07:29  Mostra Profilo  Visita l'Homepage di yudan18 Invia a yudan18 un Messaggio Privato  Rispondi Quotando
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Tanner Roark figured he would be pitching in Washington’s star-studded rotation next year alongside Max Scherzer http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-kirk-gibson-jersey , Stephen Strasburg and newcomer Patrick Corbin.Instead, he found himself part of the majors’ first Tanner-for-Tanner trade, headed to the rebuilding Reds. Cincinnati acquired him for fellow right-hander Tanner Rainey on Wednesday during the winter meetings.“I felt like we would have a pretty good staff over there in D.C. but they thought otherwise and I don’t know what their plans are,” Roark said in a conference call. “I’m just grateful to be a National. It was good times over there.”As of now, Roark could lead a young Reds rotation — though president of baseball operations Dick Williams made it clear his last-place club is hardly done dealing. Righty starter Matt Harvey came to Cincinnati from the Mets last May.There have been only a handful of big league players over the years with the first name of Tanner, and this was the first time two of them were traded for each other.The 32-year-old Roark led the National League in losses last season, going 9-15 with a 4.34 ERA. He is 64-54 in six years, all with Washington.Roark made $6,475,000 last year and is eligible for arbitration. He can become a free agent after next season.“There haven’t been a lot of commitments to players making this kind of money. So this is a significant shift for us,” Williams said. “We’ve been laying in the weeds for a couple of years and focused on rebuilding, and now it’s time to add to the team. We’re in that mode now. And we fully expect to make more deals. This is the first of more to come.”Washington boosted its rotation last week by signing All-Star Corbin to a $140 million, six-year contract. He will join the company of Scherzer and Strasburg on a team that 82-80 and finished second in the NL East behind Atlanta.After flip-flopping between the bullpen and rotation early in his career, Roark has been a back-of-the-rotation arm for the Nationals recently Willie Horton Jersey , with moderate success.The truest assessment of the team’s faith in the righty, though, might very well have come during the NL Division Series elimination against the Chicago Cubs in 2017, when he wasn’t used at all.He made clear later that it bothered him not to get a chance to start in that series.“Life’s too short to hold grudges,” Roark said shortly after the trade. “But that’s what they wanted to do. If they can live with it, then they live with it, you know? They treated me great. But there were times to where I would be very frustrated and I’d get (mad). But that made me stronger mentally and how to handle certain things like that. So it helped me.”This might signal another move involving a starter is coming for Washington, which possesses a tremendously strong front three with three-time Cy Young Award winner Scherzer and All-Stars Strasburg and Corbin — but some real question marks after that in Erick Fedde and Joe Ross.Rainey, who turns 26 on Christmas Day, made his big league debut last season. He didn’t have a decision and posted a 24.43 ERA in eight relief outings for the Reds.Rainey spent most of the season at Triple-A Louisville, going 7-2 with a 2.65 ERA and three saves in 44 appearances. Oakland Athletics right-hander Trevor Cahill is as flummoxed as anyone by his extreme home/road splits this season.The veteran right-hander has a sparkling 0.87 ERA in eight starts at the Oakland Alameda Coliseum in 2018 but owns a 6.62 mark in seven road outings this season.“I think it’s just baseball,” Cahill said.Article continues below ...Athletics manager Bob Melvin doesn’t have an answer, either. “I haven’t seen any difference as far as his stuff goes,” Melvin said.Whatever the reason for the glaring discrepancy http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-victor-martinez-jersey , the A’s will be counting on Cahill (5-2, 3.12 ERA) to buck the trend Thursday night when they open a four-game series against the Minnesota Twins at Target Field in Minneapolis.Cahill is 1-1 with a 4.30 ERA in six career appearances, including four starts, against Minnesota. He has not faced the Twins this year, though.Oakland fell one game back of the Houston Astros in the American League West race Wednesday with a 4-2 loss against the Texas Rangers. The Athletics had won two straight and four of their last five before Wednesday’s setback and have compiled a 13-5 record in August. .“We’ve been playing great and bringing the same attitude every day,” Melvin said of his team, which entered Wednesday’s game with a .264 collective batting average and a 2.64 ERA in the first 17 games this month.That level of play, as well as the A’s attitude, have propelled them into the AL playoff picture. Though they’re right behind front-running Houston in the West, they will hold a comfortable 4 1/2-game lead over Seattle for the second AL wild card when they take the field against the Twins, whose postseason dreams were dashed weeks ago.Minnesota is using these last few weeks to evaluate its young talent, including Thursday starter Kohl Stewart.Stewart posted a 4.76 ERA with Double-A Chatanooga to start the season and earned his first big league call-up after going 0-3 with a 3.98 mark in seven appearances (five starts) for Triple-A Rochester.He allowed three runs over 4 1/3 innings Aug. 12 in his major league debut at Detroit and allowed three more runs his next time out, but lasted just 2 2/3 innings in the latter game, a 7-5 loss to the Tigers on Saturday in Minneapolis. The 23-year-old only Stewart (0-1 Nick Castellanos Jersey , 7.71) allowed three hits in that outing but walked four while throwing just 31 of his 65 pitches for strikes.“You just can’t fall behind guys like that, can’t walk guys,” said Stewart. “I’ve got to give my team a better chance to win. It was not acceptable. I just wasn’t getting ahead, wasn’t executing pitches. I was one pitch away there in the third, and tried to do too much and got myself in trouble.”Despite those struggles, manager Paul Molitor opted to leave Stewart in the rotation for another go-round after sitting down with him for a postgame chat.“It’s a learning experience. I just talked to him about, it’s not so much executing (or) what you’re throwing, it’s, ‘What are you feeling?'” Molitor said. “You’ve got to really be able to seize the moment in terms of controlling your emotions, and do what you do. And it just seemed like it got a little fast.”
  Discussione  
 Nuova Discussione  Rispondi
 Versione Stampabile Bookmark this Topic Aggiungi Segnalibro
Vai a:
Musica Siciliana e Tradizioni Popolari © 2008 Voce dell'Etna Torna all'inizio della Pagina
Questa pagina è stata generata in 0,1 secondi. Herniasurgery.it | SuperDeeJay.Net | Snitz Forums 2000